- Press Form Tooling
- Fluid Cell Press Form and Rubber Press Form Tooling
- Stretch Form Tooling
- Chemical Milling Masks and Templates
- Trimming Media Tools
- Drilling Media Tools
Press Form Tooling
Press form tooling to suit a variety of pressing processes in the detail manufacture of sheet metal components.
- Hot form press tooling.
- Cold form press tooling.
- Double action draw form tools. - Single action crash form tools. - Hydro form tools.
- Die Quench tools.
Tooling manufactured from steel, cast iron, tool steels, stainless steel, and Nickel Chromium to suit the individual dynamics of the manufactured component. We can assist you in developing your manufacturing process with up-stream tooling to complete the detail manufacture, in terms of, secondary forming tools, trim and drill fixtures, laser fixtures, and inspection fixtures.
Fluid Cell Press Form and Rubber Press Form Tooling
Fluid cell and rubber press form tooling in the detail manufacture of sheet metal components.
- Single and multi-stage form tools.
- Manufactured from various materials to best suit dynamics of component including aluminium, mild steel, or high densified woods, to best suit manufacturing volumes.
- Use of trim edge and dam technology.
‘Start to Finish’ on-site and external development to ensure production of acceptable component to required tolerances and minimise/remove post press adjustment issues.
Stretch Form Tooling
Stretch form tooling used in the detail manufacture of sheet metal skins and covers.
- Vertical and horizontal stretch form tools.
- Use of a range of materials to best suit dynamics and volumes of required skins predominantly from cast iron, Hufford stretch form tools, manufactured from predominantly high densified woods, but also from mild steel and aluminium.
Use of drill bars for positioning of tooling holes, and for co-relation to associated tooling. We can incorporate bolsters into tooling or provide generic bolsters to suit a range of similar stretch form tools. We can assist you in developing your manufacturing process with up-stream tooling to complete the detail manufacture, in terms of, secondary forming tools, trim and drill fixtures, laser fixtures, and inspection fixtures. Stretch form tools typically manufactured for the forming of fuselage skin panels, wing covers, nacelles, leading edges, and stringers.
Chemical Milling Masks and Templates
Chemical-etch templates or masks used in the weight reduction of sheet metal skins or covers.
- Produced from pre-machined master model.
- Manufactured from GRP, highlighting 1st, 2nd, or 3rd stage etchings through colour coding.
- Masks supplied with supporting frames.
- Co-related to stretch form tools and routing or trimming media.
- Supply of specialist cutting utensils for difficult to reach leading edge etch lines.
Trimming Media Tools
Trimming media to reduce and finish oversize formed and moulded skins to net size suitable for assembly.
Methods of trimming and drilling:
- 5-axis CNC Routing.
- 5-axis Laser Trimming.
- Water Jet Cutting.
- Hand Routing.
Tooling manufactured from, aluminium alloy, tooling board, and GRP.
Typical features to hold the skin in place will be vacuum tracks or cups, GRP clamp, and clamping pins.
Fixtures can be supplied with 5-axis machining program and trialled on customer machinery to ensure production of acceptable component.
All 5-axis fixtures are fully concepted at design stage to ensure minimum disruption at implementation to manufacturing process and to manage customer expectations.
Drilling Media Tools
Drilling media manufactured from resin composite with steel bushes, produced from master model lay-up.
Aluminium and steel bushed drill fixtures for use with components with higher tolerance requirements.
Specialist drill fixtures for use with automatic air feed tools.
Fixtures manufactured from various materials to suit dynamics of manufactured component, notably resin composite, aluminium and steel.